Skip to main content

A true story of giving and compassion

I want to share with you how someone I know and barely makes ends meet is helping out a family that has lost everything in the recent hurricane and is living in a makeshift tent in Dominica.
Her kids are still in one of the islands. Their island escaped the natural disaster. This morning she asked me if I had old towels and sheets that I could spare.
Upon inquiring, she told me that she has personally rented two large barrels for $55 each and is filling up with clothes and non-perishable food for that family.
Recently I gave her some used clothes for her daughter.
 This big-hearted lady called up her daughter and told her that she had clothes on her back and this family doesn't and has decided to send those clothes to them!

What a beautiful soul!  God bless her. 
I offered to help out with some clothings, sheets and  non-perishable groceries 
She replied, " I will show you the receipt for the containers and get you more information so that you know that it is truly going to the family in distress. "
What can I say to that? God gives people who do not have much otherwise, a huge heart and lots of compassion.

The family she is trying to support is a young mother, grandmother and a seven-year-old boy and sixteen-year-old girl.

What a blessing to know such humans. God bless her and hope that she can fill both the containers as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life lets us choose how to live ...

Each living being has the seed in them to behave GOOD or BAD Which ever gets more thought thought time wins making life HAPPY or SAD This Cherokee legend of Native of America and Canada tells it beautifully :

practicing humanity

Everybody is a human being and has a right to be alive Some select Humanism with  awareness and never strife They believe, One exists in all, making humanity their joy and pride Earnest is earning and loving, helping others to enjoy by sharing their life The video is a forward to me, it is worth watching.... title was, no charge for humanity a